If you're looking for a relatively easy hike with breathtaking views, this is the one.
Hike to the Makapuu Lighthouse
One of the things I love about this hike is you have this paved road that you can easily walk, yet you pass by sweeping vistas and incredible ocean views. It's fun for the whole family and another great thing to do on Oahu for free.
Steep cliffs to crashing rocks
As you hike along the trail, you will come up to cliffs that allow you to look nearly straight down into crashing rocks. It's a really dramatic view and might test your fear of heights. It is awesome!
At the summit
At the end you not only get a great view of the lighthouse but also an outstanding look at Makapuu beach and the little islands nearby. Bring a picnic lunch and you'll really enjoy yourselves!
|< Prev||Next >|
Find us on Facebook!
Oahu Weather Now
Hiking Gear Guide
Experienced hikers know what to bring, and here’s a guide for the rest of us:
• Water (lots!)
• Hat, large enough to give you plenty of shade. Personally I like the large “Chinese” hats.
• Good hiking shoes. Either that or go barefoot, like I do!
• Light lunch for your reward at the end of the trail.
• Nuts and energy snacks for along the way of particularly long hikes.
• Depending on conditions, leave a change of shoes and clothes in the car.
• GPS unit.
• Walkie-talkies for the group.
• Wireless phone