- XML Parsing Error at 1:221. Error 73: > required
Makapuu Beach - Hawaii's Natural Waterpark
If you enjoy visiting waterparks, you will love Makapuu; there's just nothing like it on Oahu or perhaps anywhere in the world. There’s something for everyone. In addition to its world-class surfing, the swimming is fantastic when the water is calm, there are nearly endless tide pools and caves to explore, and when combined with good facilities and a secluded location, you’ve got the perfect formula for a fantastic day at the beach.
Though Makapuu is rarely crowded, there are usually a few people there. This morning was a rare moment: no one on the beach and the surf conditions were outstanding. A rare day indeed!
Add a comment
Page 1 of 2
Oahu Weather Now
Beach Gear Guide
Here’s what we tend to bring when planning a full day at the beach:
• Collapsable beach chairs
• Collapsable tent
• Large mat to place on sand, enough for 4-6 people to sit and eat.
• Water, food, and coolers. We love tuna sandwiches so we’ll typically mix up a bunch of tuna and mayo, store it in a container, and bring along a loaf of bread.
• Juice drinks (try Hawaiian Sun brand).
• Chips, nuts, trail mixes.
• Candy bars/nut bars.
• Big hats to shade the sun.
• UV rash guard shirts
• Waterproof sunscreen
• Snorkel gear
• Swimming goggles
• Two beach towels per person
• Change of dry clothes
• Plastic grocery bags (to store wet clothes)